Wednesday, January 7, 2015

One day at a time

Day two dawned cold. Too cold to work in the studio and too cold to take a long walk, even a fast one. It was hard to justify sitting in my upstairs office all day, so I resorted to a day of total and complete laziness that included binge-watching a BBC mystery series and knitting.

Did it feel special? No. As a realist, I know my time is limited and that imposes a special kind of urgency to spend those hours and days well.

Oh, I could think of projects that I could do (another closet, maybe?), but that would put me way ahead of my schedule to clean one per week. And, yes, I am fully aware that I don’t have to do anything.

Spending the time well does not include cleaning closets or garages, but those are must-do’s. We’ve lived in the same house without interruption for nearly 30 years and the time has come for me to declutter. 

Today is Day Three and probably the first order is to impose some order on my overactive mind, which is teeming with new ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment